A day for Scones at Boschendal:
Le Café Boschendal – Rich Tea Scones
- 30 ml sugar
- 500 ml flour
- 2 ml salt
- 20 ml baking powder
- 50 gm butter
- 1 egg
- 125 ml milk
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Rub in butter till the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix milk with 3/4 of egg and mix into flour mixture to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface.
- Roll to 20 – 25 mm thick and cut into rounds.
Place on a lightly greased baking sheet brush with remaining egg and bake for 10 – 15 minutes at 220C.