Charred pears, candied walnuts, acorn frangipane, fennel sabayon
3T olive oil
• Toss the pears in the oil and char over open flames, rinse in cold water.
250g castor sugar
• Bring the water, glucose and water to a boil.
• Add the nuts and simmer for 1 hour.
• Strain and deep fry until crispy.
1000g castor sugar
950g ground almonds
50g acorn flour
• Cream the eggs and butter.
• Add the eggs one by one.
• Fold in the almonds and flours.
• Rest for 2 hours and bake at 180C.
30g castor sugar
6 egg yolks
100ml fennel juice
• Place the sugar, egg yolks and fennel juice in a bowl and whisk over a bain marie until sabayon.
• Whip the cream and fold into the sabayon.