- 6 Adams Figs, quartered
- 4 Mediterranean figs, halved (optional) * these were grown locally
- 100g dolce mascarpone (mascarpone compressed with dried fruit and nuts and sold in slices), cut into cubes. You could also scoop out balls of regular mascarpone and scatter roasted hazelnuts or walnuts over.
- 80g baby rocket or other leaves
- Ginger infused balsamic to drizzle
- Strands of beetroot (optional)
- extra virgin olive oil (optional)
The beauty of a salad is that the assembly is so quick! Arrange leaves on platter. Add figs and mascarpone. Scatter beetroot strands.Drizzle with balsamic and olive oil if desired.
Pair this with: Artisan Something Sweet 2013 Wine from Vrede & Lust